Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Paranormal Activity 3


I actually saw this movie a couple of weeks ago…..but as you can see from my last post, was too ill to spend a lot of time online to write about it.  I might have mentioned this in the last post about a movie, but I go quite often at times.  If there are a lot of good movies, then I will go every week sometimes.  Others times when there is crap out, I might not go for a month or more.  Anyway, back to the movie at hand.  As always, I do post spoilers in my reviews, so if you have not seen the movie, and do not want it spoiled, then do not read this post until you have seen it….

Paranormal Activity 3 was the latest in a series of movies running backwards.  In the first one, we watched a demon kill a woman and her partner.  In the second one, we learned that it was the sister that transferred that demon over to her, in an effort to protect her son, which was the actual promised victim.  In this third one, we see some experiences the sisters had when they were little with the same demon.

I thought the first one was good, the second one was great, and this one was alright.  Yes, it had a few creepy parts.  But overall, this last part made the whole series a little more unbelievable……

First off, are we to believe that the sisters had no memory of what happened?   I know that it said they would not remember, but ANYTHING….how did they live all those years with NO memory of how their mother died?  It’s pretty hard to believe that given that story, they would not grow up to be drug addicts, or worse.  Secondly, why is Katie crying one second, and a demon in the next….without anything long lasting happening?   Also, why would the grandmother be involved in something like this in the first place? 

I am not saying they made ‘mistakes’ per se,  and I know it is just a movie, but these are the things that jumped out at me….

Today, I am going to see Harold and Kumar’s 3D Christmas, AND Tower Heist…..I have been dying to see Tower Heist since I saw the first preview this summer, and wanted to go over the weekend, but did not for obvious reasons, so I thought I would take them both in on cheap night….look for those reviews coming up in the next week! 

Until next time…….

Unknown Sister

No comments: